Dr. Hamid Kantara has been a chiropractor for over 22 years. He began his career in medical clinics. After working at Johnson Space Center / NASA for 11 years, he returned to private practice in 2012 in order to resume his passion in helping patients improve their quality of life. Cedars Chiropractic serves League City, Galveston, Dickinson, Bay Area, Friendswood, (Texas) and beyond.
Dr Kantara has been in the medical field since 1986 when he started as a volunteer with the League City Volunteer Emergency Medical Services. He obtained numerous health certifications as an EMT Paramedic, EMS- Instructor, EMS-Examiner and Clinical Preceptor in Ben Taub and Hermann Trauma Centers, examiner for the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners, and as an adjunct faculty at San Jacinto College, Division of Emergency Medical Technology. Dr Kantara also worked at University of Texas- Medical Branch Trauma Center in Galveston before leaving to pursue his education in the Chiropractic field.
Dr. Kantara strongly believes in giving back to the community. Over the last 30 years, he has been an active member, giving thousands of hours to his community with one aim in mind:
Making a Positive Difference!
Community Involvement & Recognition
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Houston Citizens’ Academy.
- Served on the City of Houston Mayor’s International Affairs and Development Council – Middle East and North Africa (MIADC), Council Secretary (2008), Chair-elect (2009)
- Served on the board of Galveston County Daily News Reader Advisory Board (RAB).
- Served on Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone (TIRZ) Board, City of League City.
- League City Police Department Citizens’ Police Academy Alumni Association.
- League City Police Department Citizens’ Police Academy.
- City council Member – City of League City.
- Mayor Pro-Tem, City of League City.
- Served on the Board of Directors of Houston Galveston Area Council (HGAC)
- Awarded a Resolution from the Houston Galveston Area Council (H-GAC).
- Served on the Board of Directors for North Galveston County YMCA.
- Member of the Rotary Club, League City, Texas
- Served as Council member Liaison to the Civil Service Commission- City of League City
- Served as Council Member Liaison to Finances and Audit Committee-City of League City
- Served as Council Member Liaison to Zoning Board of Adjustment (ZBA)- City of League City
- Served as Council member Liaison to Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone (TIRZ) # 2- City of League City
- 2009 “Outstanding Customer Performance” recognition.
- 2009 Safety Commitment Award
- 2008 Safety Commitment Award
- 2007 Group Achievement Award – NASA (STS-117/13A) OMS Pod Blanket Repair Team.
- 2006 Individual Outstanding Performance Award.
- 2006 Quality Team Award.